POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : humanoid : Re: humanoid Server Time
4 Aug 2024 00:27:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: humanoid
From: Tom A
Date: 4 Sep 2003 13:10:53
Message: <3f57721d$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Williams wrote:

> Wasn't it Jettero Heller who wrote:
>
>>In article <3f562575@news.povray.org>, Warp wrote:
>>
>>>  Since you asked for the easiest and not the cheapest solution, then
>>>the answer is Poser.
>>
>>I sure did. :)  I'm not afraid to pay, but are people having any
>>luck with something cheaper?
>

> I'd suggest trying to get your hands on a free copy of Poser 3 to start
> with. It's been given away on various magazine covers from time to time.
> I don't think it's downloadable free from anywhere, and the back issue
> of Computer Arts that carried it sold out very quickly. If you find that
> you like P3, then consider buying the upgrade to P4 or P5.
>
> The other cheap (free) avenue to investigate is Blobman.

I haven't seen Blobman on the 'net recently.  Which is strange since the
petibonum tool came out not that long ago.

I've been trying to get blobman to walk for the up-coming animation
contest.  Some success, but not enough to submit.  Have to get on with
the rest of it, but if there's time I'll try to get it working (and will
post it.)

Question - Blobman is pretty slow parsing.  Are Poser meshes any better?
  And has anyone animated a poser figure?

Tom A.